Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Crazy weather- July 12, 2013

The hallmark of this summer has become extreme winds, and extreme rain.  Now add to that extreme heat.   Friday saw 5 1/2 inches in a short period.  The yard once again under water, my fishing window got clipped short.  I emerged from the camper after working on the skipjack, just in time to hit high tide.  And almost as soon as I got out on the water, the SW winds picked up to 20+ knots.  Fighting through all this, I caught a few fish near the number 14 buoy, then moved down to the 12 buoy.  The fishing instantly picked up, with fish all in the 40-42 ft depth range.  Great news, except that as has been the case all summer, I threw back 90% of them  Total tally, 6 fish in the cooler.  At least they didn't take long to clean.  And that's how its been all summer, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment